Kidney Stones are aggregates of crystals made by dissolved minerals in the urine that usually forms inside the bladder or kidney. These stones present in the kidney or bladder causes a lot of pain especially when they pass with the mineral accumulation lodged in the ureter. Symptoms of a kidney stone patient ranges from pain near the kidneys , such as on the back, sides or below rib cage, painful urination, waves of pain that spread through the abdominal region and into the groins, and nausea to even vomiting. If urine shows signs of blood, turning a shade from pink to brown and it may give off a particularly bad smell this maybe a case of Kidney Stone.
Following are a few recipes that could be implemented to get relief from kidney stone.
Note: Directly consuming apple cider vinegar may cause a burning sensation in the throat, it may also erode the enamel of the teeth. It may be mixed with water in the ratio 1:10
Apple cider vinegar and water
This apple-cider-vinegar remedy is one of the simples but effective remedy
- organic apple cider vinegar (2 tbs.)
- 8 ounces of water
- Combine two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar with the water, in a glass.
- Stir it well and you have your drink ready.
- Regular intake once a day can get you rid of kidney stones.
- As a precaution against kidney stones you may continue taking this remedy once or twice a week.
Apple cider vinegar, water and baking soda
Apple cider vinegar on mixing with baking soda turns out to be an effective medicine for kidney stones. The acid from the body, which is the main cause of kidney stones is removed by the alkalizing effect of baking soda.
- Apple cider vinegar (2 tbs.)
- Baking soda (1/2 tbs.)
- 1 glass of water
- 2 tbsp of baking soda and half tbsp of apple cider vinegar are to be combined with one glass of water.
- Mix it all thoroughly and its ready to drink.
- This medicine is advised to be taken twice a day.
Apple cider vinegar and honey for kidney stones
This remedy with apple cider vinegar and honey is more effective for treating kidney stones because honey has antibacterial and antifungal properties. At the same time honey adds a very good taste to the apple cider vinegar drink. Honey, not only improves the taste to the apple cider vinegar drink but also, its antibacterial and antifungal properties are advantageous in treating the issue.
- Apple cider vinegar (1 tbs.)
- Honey (2 tbsp.)
- First, mix both Apple cider vinegar and honey together.
- To get rid of kidney stones this must be taken twice or thrice a day.
- You can combine the mixure with water to drink it so to cure the issue successfully.
Apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and water
Lemon juice being rich in citrus acid, consuming it can decrease the acidity level in the urine by neutralizing it, which helps prevent the formation of kidney stones. What more? it also acts as a natural antiseptic, preventing further bacteria growth in the kidneys. It also keeps you hydrated and works as a detoxification juice.
- Apple cider vinegar (1tbs.)
- Organic olive oil
- Water (24 oz.)
- Lemon juice
- Combine olive oil with the lemon juice in a bowl.
- After drinking the mixture also drink 12 oz. of water.
- Half an hour later, squeeze half a lemon juice into the remaining water.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the lemon water and mix it thoroughly.
- It is advised to repeat this remedy after every half an hour to get rid of kidney stones.
Apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and water
Coconut oil can also treat kidney stones successfully, it’s not used only for treating hair and skin related problems. Its consumption helps to dissolve the kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar (2 tbsp.)
- Warm water (16 oz.)
- Coconut oil (2 tbsp.)
- In a glass of lukewarm water, mix apple cider vinegar and coconut oil.
- Stir the ingredients well and drink it.
- Take this remedy regularly, soon you will notice the fading symptoms of the kidney stone.
Apple cider vinegar with honey and baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar (1 ounce)
- Baking soda (1/4 tbs.)
- Mix all the ingredients well and drink it.
Apple cider vinegar poultice
In case of treating kidney stone, this remedy also gonna help relieving the pain
- Apple cider vinegar (3 tbsp.)
- Water (3 tbsp.)
- Heat a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Dip a wash cloth into the mixture to soak it and place it on the painful area of the body.
- Leave the cloth at that spot until it gets cooled.
- This process should be repeated atleast twice a day to get rid of the pain.
Some Other Important Tips to Follow
- Drink sufficient water with the intake of apple cider vinegar for kidney stones. Keeping your body hydrated will prevent the reoccurrence of kidney stones.
- You need to wash your mouth properly after drinking apple cider vinegar because of its acidic nature.
- Use only raw, unpasteurized and extra virgin apple cider vinegar in order to make effective remedies.
- Pain in Gout patient’s may be increased by the use of apple cider vinegar so they must avoid it.
- If you are suffering from any other disease make sure you consult your doctor before using apple cider vinegar.
- Make your daily salad putting on some apple cider vinegar as condiment to prevent kidney stones from occurring again.
- Caffeinated drinks must definitely be avoided to prevent kidney stones from occurring again.
- A healthy diet, low in sodium and fat, high in fiber will help you preventing kidney stones in future.