This vegetable could be the superfood you’ve looking for. It has potent medicinal properties, and can provide relief for various ailments and disease.
What vegetable are we talking about? Beets!
Check the list below for ways beets are a superfood:
- Anthocyanins, which give them the red color, have strong anti-cancer properties.
- Antioxidants are present in beets at levels found in few other foods.
- Beets boost blood flow, regulate cholesterol, and support healthy liver function and protect against liver disease.
- Beets fight anemia, detox the body, decelerate aging, and protect blood vessels.
- Betaine, a natural anti-inflammatory, also supports heart health.
- Cellulose and pectin aid digestion.
- Endurance, stamina, and performance can all be improved with a higher beet diet.
- Important vitamins and minerals in beets include vitamins B1, B2, B12 and C, copper, magnesium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, and iodine.
You can eat beets raw, juiced, cooked, or baked. You can also cook the leaves for an added potassium boost.