Foods that belong to the chenopod family, such as beets, spinach, chard, and quinoa, have incredible health benefits. In addition, beet is a root vegetable that possesses many unique health-promoting nutrients, which could not be found in any other food.
It is good to know that beet greens as well as beetroot are considered potent blood cleansers and builders. This veggie is abundant in betacyanin, which is a phytochemical that provides it with its red color and lowers homocysteine levels.
Nutritional Value of Beets:
Beets are a great source of vitamins C, B1, B2, B6 and A. Moreover, the greens contain a higher iron amount than that of spinach. Furthermore, they are packed with many important minerals, including magnesium, calcium, iron, sodium, phosphorus, and copper.
The sweet beetroot is rich in fiber, folate, choline, manganese, potassium, iodine, organic sodium, and carbohydrates in natural digestible sugar form.
It contains the highest quality of iron, so that it can be used for blood building. Also, it is beneficial in the treatment of a variety of conditions triggered by the toxic environment and surrounding.
Healing Properties of Beets:
Beet juice offers extremely powerful health-boosting properties, which can help in cases of:
– Anemia: This vegetable is abundant in iron, which is a mineral that can regenerate and reactivate the red blood cells and provide the body with adequate amount of fresh oxygen. What’s more, it is also rich in copper, which makes the iron more available to the body. Therefore, this veggie is considered an excellent blood builder.
– Acidosis: Beets can balance the body’s pH levels. Additionally, they can be beneficial for fighting acidosis.
– Atherosclerosis: The consumption of beet juice can solve inorganic calcium deposits, which lead to arterial hardening.
– Constipation: This vegetable contains cellulose, which helps ease bowel movements. Keep in mind that consuming beets juice on a regular basis helps alleviate chronic constipation.
– Gastric ulcer: Create a mixture of beet juice and some honey and consume it 2-3 times within a week before your breakfast on an empty stomach. In this way, you will accelerate the healing process of gastric ulcers.
– Detoxification: Beet juice is packed with choline that can detoxify and cleanse the liver, as well as the entire body of excessive alcohol intake.
– Kidney and gall bladder problems: Mix some carrot juice with beet juice and consume it regularly to cleanse your gall bladder and kidneys and help in the treatment of health issues associated with these two body organs.
– Liver problems: The regular consumption of beet juice helps in cases of liver toxicity or bile issues, including vomiting, jaundice, diarrhea, food poisoning, or hepatitis. Also, you should add some lime juice to enhance the effectiveness of the beet juice.
– Gout: Beets can also reduce the symptoms of gout.
– High blood pressure: The extraordinary nutrients and minerals present in beets make them a potent blood pressure regulator by reducing high blood pressure or raising low blood pressure levels.
– Cancer: Beetroot is high in betaine that is an amino acid offering strong cancer-fighting properties. According to studies, the regular consumption of beet juice can stop cancer-causing compound formation and prevents the development of stomach and colon cancer.
– Dandruff: You can get rid of dandruff by adding some vinegar to a small cup of beet juice. Then, it is advisable to use your fingertips to massage it into your scalp. Make sure you let it act for about 60 minutes. After that period, you should rinse it. Repeat the same procedure every day until your dandruff goes away.
Note: Your hair will not smell good during the treatment!
– Varicose veins: Drinking beet juice on a regular basis can also keep proper elasticity of arteries, thus preventing varicose veins.
Beets should be consumed fresh since they have better flavor if consumed in this way.
Round-bottomed beetroots are sweeter than flat-bottomed varieties. Plus, buy firm and unwrinkled beetroots.
Make sure you do not overheat this vegetable while cooking because heat destroys almost all vital nutrients. Also, you should peel the beets skin before cooking.
Beets can be kept along with the greens for 3-4 days in the fridge since the root cannot supply moisture to the leaves for longer. On the other hand, beetroot can be kept for 2-3 weeks in the fridge without the greens attached.
While preparing beet juice, consider adding a quarter slice of an unpeeled lemon to a medium-sized beetroot in order to enhance the absorption of essential nutrients. In this way, you can also improve the juice taste.
Those people who have history of oxalate-containing kidney stones should reduce their beet consumption.
In case the beetroot juice is too strong, you should not drink too much of it. It is advisable to start consuming the juice of half a medium-sized beetroot once within a week. Then, you should gradually increase the dose to a whole beetroot within a week.
Remember that the juice is too powerful, so that it could result in dizziness during cleansing since toxins are being removed. Therefore, it is recommended to consume lots of water during the cleansing process.