They say that the coconut oil is great for you but about this you probably never heard. While I was traveling to Thailand, my partner and I as a joke wanted to buy coconut plantation because we felt like today, everything is based by coconut!
- Coconut oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut water
- Coconut milk
- Coconut cream
- Coconut flour
- Even, coconut soy sauce (try it, it is actually very tasty)
The coconut (lat. C. Nucifera) belongs to the family of palm trees (lat. Arecaceae or Palmae) and under family (lat. Cocoideae).
The inside of coconut is very rich in healthy fatty acids. The composition of fat varies depending on the type and the process of oil.
The high saturated fatty acids constitute about 90% of coconut oil with a small contribution of mono- unsaturated and half- saturated fatty acids.
What is so good about the average fatty acids?
The intermediate related saturated fatty acids (MCFA) can be easily digested, absorbed and used by the body, while they freely pass through the blood brain barrier in unbound form, which means that they can be used by the brain as energy source and also for neurological health.
Also, great thing is that the virgin (unrefined) coconut oil is acceptable, readily available, tasty and quite natural. It is also…
- Anti- carcinogenic (inhibits the spread of cancer cells and enhances the immune system)
- Anti- inflammatory
- Anti- microbe – against infections (bacteria, viruses, candida, fungi, parasites and protisis ( single- called eukaryotic protists)
- Antioxidant ( protects from damage by free radicals and their formation)
- It improves the absorption of nutrients (easy digestible, makes the vitamins more accessible on the base of body fat for example, A, D, E and K.
- It is not poisonous for humans and animals
Coconut oil for personal hygiene and body
- Age spots (also known as liver spots) – apply coconut oil directly to the spots if you want them soon to disappear.
- After shaving – after shaving the coconut oil can help you to heal your skin without clogging pores. It is great for redness by shaving.
- Baldness – Combine coconut oil with lavender, rosemary, thyme, cedar wood oil, jojoba oil, grapefruit seed/ castor oil and little hot pepper. Apply from this mixture three times per day or at bedtime at the affected place where your hair falls and massage it. The coconut oil and these essential oils support the cell regeneration.
- Body piling – Mix coconut oil and salt and rub yourself with it all over your body! Rinse and your skin will be super soft! You can add essential oils if you want specific smell.
- Bruising – Apply it directly to bruise, the coconut oil improves the healing process by reducing the swell and redness.
- Bug bites – When it is applied directly to the spot, the coconut oil can stop the itching and inflammation immediately and will speed up the healing process.
- Burns – Apply coconut oil to the burn immediately and continue applying until it recovers. The coconut oil will reduce the chances of permanent scar and will improve the healing.
- Lipstick – Apply little amount of it on your lips, it acts like softening agent and also has protective factor for around 4 so you will indeed get protection!
- Peeling of scalp – You have problems with dry skin on your baby’s scalp? The coconut oil will fed your baby’s skin and will also eliminate the peeling of the scalp. Massage your scalp all over with one teaspoon.
- Dandruff – The coconut oil while absorbs into the scalp it, wets the dry skin and relieves the symptoms of dandruff. It also helps in controlling the secretion of oil from the scalp, one of the main causes of dandruff.
- Deodorant – Coconut oil can be used as deodorant and even more effective is combined with corn flour and baking soda.
- Ointment for diaper rash –it is very pleasant for rashes without any harsh chemicals. Also it is safe for usual diapers.
- Eye cream – Apply it under your eyes to reduce swelling, circles and wrinkles. Use it at evenings on your eyelids.
- Face wash / soap – Mix equal parts of coconut oil with olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil and castor oil, use it instead of soap on your face while you wash it. On we face, rub it with oil and leave it on for two minutes then, rinse it and dry it with dry cloth. One teaspoon should be appropriate.
- Hair conditioner / deep treatment – use it as hair conditioner by applying one teaspoon of coconut oil to your hair peaks and wipe it with your finger through your hair for equal amount of apply. For deeper treatment, apply tablespoon of coconut oil to your dry scalp and gently distribute it to the ends. Put cap on your head for preventing spots of it on your pillow and leave it overnight.
- Hair Gel – Apply little amount of coconut oil on your fingers and wipe your hair with it (if it is curly) or apply it on your scalp until the ends (for wavy/ straight hair).
- Healing – When it is applied to scratches and cuts, the coconut oil forms a thin chemical layer which protects the wound from external dust, bacteria and viruses. Moreover, it has a better smell from all the pharmaceutical products.
- Lubricant – It is completely natural, perfectly safe lubricant for masturbation and sex. It is not compatible with latex!
- Makeup Remover – Take one cotton and pour coconut oil on it, you will be surprised from its good effect.
- Oil massage – quite simple, apply and rub!
- Moisturizer – just take a little from the jar and apply it all over your body, including the neck and face. Often, the lotions are based on water and that can dry out your skin even more.
- Cream for warts – it works great for nourishing the cracked, sore or dry nipples. It should be applied on cotton and be left at the nipples between breastfeeding.
- Acne – you are prone to oily skin and T- zone? Use little amount of coconut oil under makeup to reduce the stimulation of the fatty gland. Often, the skin is prone to acne and becomes too dry which signals that your glands produce more oil and it clogs the pores.
- Before shaving – applied before shaving the coconut oil will prepare the skin for the damage that shaving does.
- Skin conditions – the coconut oil can ease some skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
- Scars from stretch marks – The coconut oil is great to nourish the damaged skin. Perhaps, it is not magic cure for stretch marks but it can be helpful.
- Relieve sunburns – rub yourself with large amount of coconut oil on the affected area.
- Protection from sun – it is not high but, coconut oil has protective factor of 4.
- Pain in ears from swimming – Mix garlic oil and coconut and put a few drops of it in the affected ear for 10 minutes. Do this, 2-3 times a day and it usually starts acting after day or two.
- Treatment from tattoos and moisturizer – the often use of coconut oil on tattoos will help the pigment not to fade. When it is used on new tattoos, the coconut will speed the healing process and reduce the chances of infection.
- Toothpaste – there are many recipes but, just mix coconut oil with baking soda and put it on your toothbrush.
- Prevention and reduce of wrinkles – apply coconut oil on your wrinkles and you will strengthen the connective tissue and restore your skin!
- Breastfeeding –for nursing mothers, consume 3 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil per day to enrich the milk supply.
- Bones and teeth – coconut oil helps in absorption of calcium and magnesium and therefore it does better development of bones and teeth.
- Digestion – the saturated fat of coconut oil helps in controlling the parasites and fungi that cause indigestion and other problems associated with sealing, such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat into coconut oil also helps in better absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, giving you better health.
- Fitness – it is proven that coconut oil stimulates the metabolism, improves thyroid function and raises the energy levels. It reduces unwanted fat and increases the muscle mass.