What to do with the bread that is left over? Whenever we see that the bread is accumulating it makes us sad to think that we will have to throw it away. Nothing of that! We always have the resource to recycle it and that it becomes the main ingredient of a delicious bread pudding.
The bread pudding or as it is called in some countries bread pudding or bread cake is a classic of the kitchen of our grandmothers and our mothers who knew how to take advantage of everything that was in the kitchen and also, turn it into exquisite meals or as in this case, in delicious desserts.
It should be noted that any type of bread is used to prepare this recipe. It does not matter if the bread is old or hard, the important thing is that it does not have fungi.
How long have you not made a bread pudding? I suggest you check and ship the remains of bread that you have in the kitchen to prepare this easy and practical recipe with which you can surprise your family.
Gather the following ingredients:
– 1 kg of bread slices cut into cubes or simply cut with your hands
– 3 eggs
– 1 liter of milk
– 300 g of sugar
– 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
– Grated lemon, to taste
– Place the milk with the bread in a bowl and stir until it dissolves completely.
– Meanwhile, mix the eggs and sugar in another container along with the vanilla essence and lemon zest.
– Now, add bread and milk to this last mixture.
– Mix well until it takes a thick consistency and there is no lump.
– Take a mold of your choice, paint with syrup or melted caramel and pour into the mixture. (Caramel can be prepared with five tablespoons of sugar and half a glass of water).
– Preheat the oven and bake in a bain-marie at 150 ° for 50 minutes or one hour. Check before removing it from the oven that is cooked. After 30 minutes, you can start checking if it’s already done. (Depends on the oven).
– Let cool and without demolding, refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
– After the time, you can unmold and that’s it!
Do you want to give a personalized touch to your bread pudding?
When you mix all the ingredients together, you can change the flavor of your bread pudding or give it a different texture by adding raisins, chopped nuts, honey, dulce de leche, chocolate chips, polished fruits and everything you know. to your family.
This recipe that we rescue today from the trunk of the grandmother, is a classic that never goes out of fashion and that is healthy and delicious.